Building a game cabinet is no small task. While we want you to be creative, that doesn’t mean you can’t get some help or learn from people who’ve already built one. Most of these sites have instructions on how to build an arcade cabinet, including some key pieces of software to keep your game running.
- Digital Fabrication for Arcade Cabinet Design
- How to Build an Indie Arcade Cabinet
- Installation Up 4evr (for Mac)
- LuSiD’s Arcade Flashback Cabinet Plans
- Prep Windows machine for fulltime exhibition setup (for PC)
- Project MAME
- Slag Coin
Constructing a game cabinet will test your handiwork. Here are some resources in Kansas City that may be just the help you need.
- Cowtown Computer Congress
- Flyover Indies – Study Hall
- Johnson County Library Makerspace
- Maker Village KC
- Side Projects Club
If you need buttons, joysticks, lights, input controllers, or whatever else, these are some online shops that can set you up!